Thursday, October 4, 2012

Life At the Quad

By: Nic Yonter


Students at the AU Kickoff. Photo taken by Avila University Facebook.
            Avila University is home to a great sculpture, the Quad. The Quad is a place where many people converse and share how their days are going.
            Also, many people just sit and relax and enjoy the beauty of being outdoors.
            "It's nice. It's pretty calm there. It's very peaceful. You know you can sit there and nothing is going to bother you. There is a nice waterfall there that I enjoy that is very tranquil. It's a nice and relaxing place to go. Sometime I walk there and stop to talk to friends and sometimes I just hang out there," said Hunter Peel.
            Peel is a freshman soccer player for Avila University.
            "I like it. I go there and hang out with friends there sometimes. I find it enjoyable. The waterfall and trees are nice as well," said Tappei Kurihara.
            Kurihara is a student at Avila University and is new to the United States.
            Some people have stories about their experiences at the Quad and enjoy the vibe of being at this place to get together.
            "I would like to take you on a virtual journey of my day. I'm a freshman at Avila and hop out of bed for my early morning class. I'm in a hurry, so I throw on some sweats, some shoes, a hoodie, maybe my wallet, and hopefully I remember my key. I run to the cafeteria and get stopped by this circle. This circle is dropping little driblets of liquid sunshine. I am taken by its beauty. The journey between classes to the quad bring me peace," said Aaron Arnzen.
            The Quad gives students here at Avila friendship, alone time, and peace. It is truly one of the most intriguing spots on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment